Monday 4 February 2013

I'm Gonna Pop Some Tags

When my favourite blog, Young House Love, posted their 100% Totally Unofficial Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge, I seriously had to contain my excitement. My (currently) favourite song and thrift shopping? Right up my alley.

Participation was a must -- despite the mild embarrassment.

Step #1. Go to a thrift shop with – just as the chorus of the song says – “$20 in your pocket” and take a picture.


Step #2 was to spend your $20 any way you’d like and photograph your spoils.


Here's what I scored!
- 5 books (buy 4, get 1 free)
- little wooden box
- an elephant friend

Step #3. Find one item (or more) referenced in the song and snap a pic. Hubs was less than pleased to take this photo for me. I also preferred to conceal my face! It's a miracle I am even posting this on the world wide web.

Anyway, I was sure to find a big a$$ coat, as per the lyrics. Flattering, eh? I hope John, Sherry, and fellow challenge-takers are proud and are sending virtual high fives my way.

Stay tuned for the oh-so-exciting ways I will incorporate these treasures into my life. They need some facelifts first!

xoxo, E

ps - Want to check out what the blogosphere "popped tags" off of? Click here!

2 comments:

  1. Love that elephant! This challenge was so much fun!
    Cheers!
    Liz
    www.gimmesomestyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Liz! Your anthro mug is adorbs and I can't wait to see what you do with that frame!

      xoxo, E

      Delete